Most able pupils
More able, gifted and talented pupils
Which pupils are involved?
- children who have an ability/talent within one or more areas of the curriculum but not necessarily in all (more able, gifted or talented)
- top 5-10% pupils academically in reading, writing and maths (more able)
- children with a particular ability in art, music, sport or the performing arts (talented).
- children working at a standard significantly above that which is expected in their current year group (gifted)
What do we do for these children at Fairfield Park Lower?
- Identify the able, gifted and talented pupils in school and add them to a register
- support their class teachers to set individual targets and support (where appropriate)
- closely monitor their progress through inclusion meetings every half term
- closely monitor provision for these children to ensure that they continue to make Outstanding progress
- explore opportunities for broadening their learning experiences in and out of class
- involve parents by sharing targets and provision (where appropriate).